The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Business Office department for an Accountant. The Accountant will perform basic accounting functions of data entry, journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, account analysis and reporting. In addition, this position will provide data support for the budget software and assist with the budget and projection processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Payroll journal entry preparation that requires downloading and formatting data from appropriate sites into complex Excel workbooks.
• Preparation of journal entries for various areas including but not limited to, admissions revenue, outsources catering and café activity, outsourced gift shop activity, prepaids and other assets and liabilities.
• Account reconciliation and analysis, including payroll related liability accounts, credit card clearing account, prepaids, other assets and other liabilities.
• Budget software support, including importing/exporting budgets and actual between Great Plains general ledger system and Adaptive Planning budget system. Provide budget software administrative support to Controller during annual budget process and periodic reforecasting efforts.
• Preparation and distribution of payroll and other reports to project managers and others to support grants and awards.
• Annual audit support.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
• Experience with Great Plains software preferred but not required
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Experience with Excel and other computer programs, calculations and telephone.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
January 23, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out