The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Business Office for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will prepare monthly financial statements, coordinate financial and A-133 audits and, oversee monthly closing process, and is responsible for federal grant reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monthly financial close and preparation of financial statements. Maintain general ledger chart of accounts. Responsible for financial report design and distribution. Oversight and review of account reconciliations.
• Federal grant accounting and reporting. Process grant payment requests. Prepare annual indirect cost rate application and oversee audit by cognizant agency
• Audit coordination and preparation of PBC’s Support other financial reporting needs of the business office.
• Supervise accounting staff of three, including staff accountant, accountant and accounting clerk.
• Review and submit semimonthly payroll.
• Work collaboratively with grant and project managers including accounting for temporarily restricted funds.
• Work with Controller on process improvements in various areas, including anticipated change of payroll service providers, redesign of financial reports in Management Reporter, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit card processing.
• Manage special projects as they arise.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
• CPA with public accounting experience strongly preferred but not required
• 5 years of experience in Accounting and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Experience working with federal grants or non-profit preferred but not required
• Experience in overseeing payroll processing
• Experience with Great Plains, FRx and Management Reporter experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and cooperative with other in the Business Office and other Adler departments
• Attention to detail is essential
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
August 9, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out