Assist Mng Corporate Foundation & Govt Relations
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in the Advancement department for an Assistant Manager of Corporate Foundation and Government Relations. This position will be primarily responsible for implementing fund-raising programs with corporate, foundation, and government partners under the leadership of two supervisors who oversee those portfolios. In addition to supporting the supervisors on prospect research, grant proposals, and reports, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with various donors and contacts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure fulfillment of recognition, acknowledgements, and management of reports and solicitations for corporate/foundation/government donors and contacts, externally and internally.
• Communicate with various corporate/foundation/government donors and contacts
• Maintain small portfolio and helps manage a number of donor relationships.
• Coordinate annual cultivation events for contacts and donors.
• Coordinate and track department’s philanthropic revenues and department budgets
• Coordinate and track grants and department budgets.
• Assist at donor events
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years previous work experience in fundraising
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
• Strong organizational skills
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
October 2, 2013
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Do Not Fill This Out