Assistant Educator Outreach
The Adler Planetarium, (Chicago, IL) is seeking a Temporary Assistant Educator for Outreach to work with our existing Assistant Educator team to present engaging, educational and hands-on experiences with our community. This Assistant Educator will be expected to be both a goal-focused educator and an organized and responsible administrator. Outreach programs will need to be organized, prepared for and executed by this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with schools & community organizations to recruit, plan and document outreach programs;
• Prepare for upcoming programs and administrate day of plans and work as point person during the event;
• Present educational programming for diverse audiences.
Education and Experience:
• A high school degree is required; a college degree is preferred;
• Must have previous experience working with children in either formal or informal settings;
• Knowledge or a passion for science is preferred.
• Fluent in Spanish preferred.
Candidates must have the ability to speak to and manage a large group of children and adults. Candidates must have the ability to carry large and heavy objects, and must have a valid Illinois driver’s license for the past three years with a clean record. The ability to work both evenings and weekends is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
January 21, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out