Collection Project Assistant
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Webster Institute department as a Collections Project Assistant. The Collections Project Assistant (CPA) will be responsible for carrying out general collections maintenance tasks and enabling access to collections material in support of exhibits, tours, publications, Webster Institute and other Adler initiative. The CPA will assist the Collections Manager with ongoing collections care and the Webster Institute Director with access to collections items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts daily environmental monitoring of temperature/relative humidity, light levels and pest activity of the storage and exhibit areas.
• Produce reports based on collected data
• Works with operations and exhibits staff to ensure collections safety and improve conditions as needed.
• Monitors maintenance of collections on exhibit, including climate control, condition of artifacts, security/alarms.
• Provides assistance with preservation and preservation planning.
• Assists with developing and implementing policies related to accreditation
• Assist with fabrication of storage mounts, protective enclosures, and space improvements.
• Assists with collections and salvage and disaster plan.
• Conducts regular inventories of collection items.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree
• 1-3 years of experience working with museum registration, collections or related work
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in museum work or studies preferred
• Mac computer proficiency
• Publishing software, Photoshop and data loggers experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
March 7, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out