The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in the Experience Development department for a full time Content Manager/Writer. This position will be responsible for creating, organizing, and will deploy compelling copy and content for exhibit and online experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop interpretive strategies that integrate content into cohesive and compelling narratives across exhibits and online experiences.
• Develop, edit and make revisions to written materials including but not limited to content outlines, visitor experience conceptual narratives, audiovisual and interactive element treatments, exhibit component descriptions, label copy, and web and social media copy in collaboration with content and educational experts.
• Organize, personally deploy and make available large amounts of content to various stake holders in a variety of formats, making it easy to find and access. Research of and organization of methods to structure content.
• Professional development and other research.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, museum studies or related field.
• Experience developing a variety of written styles appropriate for multiple situations and media
• Experience developing content in a multi-faceted team.
• Content management experience preferred
• Ability to draft materials on a wide range of space science and earth science topics.
• Ability to translate complex scientific and technical ideas into language easily comprehensible to a general museum audience.
• Experience with content management systems (HTML 5, CSS) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
November 8, 2012
Do Not Fill This Out