Digital Collections Manager
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Webster Institute department as a Digital Collections Manager. The Digital Collections Manager is responsible for the Webster Institute’s digital collections. The position will implement a new digital asset management system and establish procedures and standards for metadata and preservation. The position also manages digitization projects, participates in digital access initiatives in the Webster Institute and throughout the museum and supports the rights and reproductions program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and maintain Webster Institute digital collections, including research and implementation of a new digital asset management system.
• Develop, implement and maintain procedures and standards for metadata and long term preservation of digital collections.
• Ensure the integration of the digital asset management system with the collections management database.
• Develop procedures for and manage operations of digitization projects, including scanning, quality control, image editing, and metadata creation.
• Collaborate on photography shoots for collections projects.
• Participate in Webster Institute digital access initiatives and implementation of its online public access catalog (OPAC).
• Support the rights and reproduction programs and process image requests for internal and external clients.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in art history, history, photography, museum studies, library science or related field.
• M.L.I.S or MA preferred
• 3+ years experience in museum registration, collections management or digital collections projects.
• Experience developing procedures and standards for digitization collections preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to organize data and work with databases.
• Proficient with Macintosh computers, scanner technology and Photoshop.
• Experience with 4th Dimension, FileMaker Pro, Excel and MINISIS preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
January 25, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out