Digital Exhibits Specialist
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Exhibits department as a Digital Exhibits Specialist. This role will maintain digital interactive components as well as perform routine scheduled and unscheduled digital maintenance of exhibits. In addition, the position will assist with implementation of temporary and permanent exhibits, review new digital specifications and help develop a long term strategy and standards for digital exhibit components for the Adler.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an active member of the Experience Design team in the development of temporary and permanent exhibits with digital components.
• Liaison with outside vendors on out-of-house development.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of documentation for new digital exhibits and projects including producing manuals, parts list, maintenance procedures; and cataloging software back-ups and drawings.
• Train other staff and team members on new digital equipment and exhibits as appropriate.
• Perform duties related to the daily and routine upkeep of digital exhibit components.
• Work with other exhibit staff, IT staff and outside contractors and other departments for long term projects related to upgrading and planning exhibit infrastructure.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer and Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 2-5 years in IT or digital related field
• Experience in Museum exhibit, trade show or digital interactive maintenance preferred, but not required.
• Must be knowledgeable and fluent in Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS preferred) and multiple Windows OS’s (XP, Windows 7, Windows server versions). Skilled in Mac OS x a plus.
• Basic stamp and Adreno programming and applications preferred.
• Knowledge of open source code a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
August 1, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out