Director of Operations
The Adler Planetarium is seeking a Director of Operations. As head of the Operations Department, the Director is responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and improvement of the museum’s primary building, observatory, and grounds, and the safety and security of visitors, employees and the collection. This position also coordinates museum services and security staff, and oversees the service of the janitorial and food service/catering contractors.
• Consult and direct building engineers regarding maintenance and/or replacement of building components, equipment and machinery.
• Supervise the management of operations staff in coordination with museum services staff
• Manage and monitor multiple and diverse operational projects.
• Consult on all construction projects.
• Direct and monitor the efforts of outside vendors relating to services and goods purchased.
• Bachelor’s Degree with five plus years building operations management.
• Working knowledge of all major building trades including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical maintenance.
• Experience managing part and full time employees in security, maintenance, janitorial, operations and food service.
• Experience in visitor services and/or working in a guest-focused environment preferable.
• Ability to make thoughtful, quick decisions to ensure security and safety of visitors, employees and the building and grounds for an operation open 363 days per year, including many evenings.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Do Not Fill This Out