Exploring the Edge of Space Camp Counselor
The Adler Planetarium, (Chicago, IL) is seeking a Summer Camp Counselor to teach pre-developed activities on-site at The Adler Planetarium for various space science camps. Training will be provided two weeks before the start of the program. The Exploring the Edge of Space counselor will assist with camps from June 24-29, July 22-23, July 29-30 and August 5-9. A mandatory policies and curriculum training day will occur on Saturday June 8, 2013. Other training dates to be determined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Summer Camp Instructors, Volunteers, and teen interns to implement a successful camp schedule
• Help children between sixth and eighth grade to enjoy and to learn science
• Assist the Summer Camp Instructor in the safety and behavior of children during indoor and outdoor activities.
• Help campers complete fun, educational activities, encourage campers to participate in activities and provide individualized attention to campers who need help
• Assist in drop-off and pick-up procedure by greeting parents and campers, checking-in and checking-out campers, and playing games with campers while they wait
• Assist in the set up and breakdown of all camp materials and activities
Education and Experience:
• Must be at least 16 years old and in high school or a graduate of high school
• Currently enrolled college students with a science background preferred
• Must have experience working with children or camp groups
• Must have a strong interest in astronomy, Earth science or education, and a desire to learn more
Please reference which summer position you are applying for.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
January 14, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out