The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Advancement department for a Grant Writer position. The Grant Writer will build proposals and reports to individuals, private foundations, corporations and federal agencies. Charged with developing the case for support for the museum’s chief priorities to the donor community, this position reports to the vice president for institutional advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively across the museum to develop a case for support for major funding initiatives.
• Collaborate with Adler scientists to write (non-technical) proposals to federal agencies
• Build reports and outcome statements for funders
• Contribute to other museum publications (annual report, member/donor newsletter) and external communications as appropriate.
• Partner with Graphic Design team to help prepare specific donor proposals and reports.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in non-profit, preferably in a Chicago cultural institution
• Previous grant writing experience preferred
• Exceptional ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals based in science content; strong editing skills; attention to details, ability to meet deadlines, experience with proposal writing, and team oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
January 3, 2014
Do Not Fill This Out