ISGC Summer Intern
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Astronomy department for a Summer Intern. The major purpose of this position is to design, build and test specific pieces of hardware or software in support of the Far Horizons project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, engineer and test solutions to a two-way communication system for high altitude balloon missions and/or real time tracking software.
• Report out project progress and provide written documentation of processes and procedures of internship projects.
• Participate and assist in high altitude balloon launches.
Education and Experience:
• Must be undergraduate classified as a freshman or higher and not already graduated.
• Some experience in basic electronics design and construction, and/or experience in computer programming.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to present technical results to professional colleagues
• General office productivity software, computer programming environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
May 8, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out