Museum Services Staff- Part Time
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has a Part Time opportunity available in the Operations department with the Floor Staff group as a Museum Services Staff (MSS). This position is a front line person and highly visible. This position inspires visitors by promoting a quality museum experience. The MSS position greets visitors, provides information on shows, museum activities, provides exhibit interpretation, provides crowd control. MSS must be able to support our Super Nova program with enthusiasm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet visitors proactively and with enthusiasm.
• Provide information on the museum programs and facility
• Contributes to the success of theater presentations by greeting, checking tickets,, controlling crowds, seating and assisting ticket holders in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Monitors assigned area to provide security to visitors and staff
• Assists with moving tables, chairs, boxes, signs, helps shovel snow in seasonal times and perform other physical duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Customer service background a plus
• Must have a professional demeanor
• Must be able to move quickly through a 4 floor museum in emergency situations
• Assist with seating in a virtually dark theater
• Must have a warm and friendly attitude
• Must be able to read tickets, hear and multi-task in a very busy environment
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
October 10, 2013
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Do Not Fill This Out