Summer High School Intern
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has an opportunity available in our Citizen Science department for 16 Summer Interns. The Summer Interns will be employed 25 hours a week for 8 weeks from June 18-August 8 in the Adler high school internship program. This position will be responsible for working in a specific assigned department or team such as Floor Programs, Summer Camps, Far Horizons, Citizen Science or Experience Development. The Interns will complete tasks as assigned and will be supported by their department supervisor. The Summer Interns will also be tasked with working in a group of their peers supervised by youth programs staff to complete the internship’s professional development curriculum, group projects and the event planning of a culminating showcase.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in a group professional development and event planning curriculum
• Engage in learning and creating with peers on a partner project determined by Intern interest and Supervisor input
• Fulfill work duties assigned by department of placement, which may include; interacting with adult, child and family museum visitors, facilitating educational activities for museum visitors, using computers and audio visual equipment to create media content, assisting in electronics lab staffed by a full time Adler employee.
• Communicate on a consistent basis and effectively with intern community about progress, questions, and concerns.
Education and Experience:
• Must be a current high school student
• Must have availability Monday through Friday from June to August
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Do Not Fill This Out