The Adler Planetarium, (Chicago, IL) is seeking a Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator is responsible for support and administrations of servers, networking and exhibits. The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of hardware and software systems and related Adler infrastructure under the supervision of the System Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Configures and maintains servers in a virtual environment and maintains this environment
• Configures and troubleshoots networking, including VLANs, switches and routers.
• Works with Experience Design Department to set up and configure technology for new and existing exhibits
• Works with Adler staff and outside vendors in the integration of technology within Adler exhibits
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree
• 2 + years of experience with system administration background
• Ability to learn new software quickly and thoroughly, ability to prioritize, excellent oral and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of multiple operation systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, and VMware)
• Extensive computer hardware diagnostic/repair knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Do Not Fill This Out