Technology Camp Instructor
The Adler Planetarium, (Chicago, IL) is seeking a Technology Camp Instructor to revamp and develop curriculum for Technology Camp, Girls Technology Camp, and Tech Camp 2.0. Curriculum development will start in March and extend through the beginning of camp season. The instructor will also teach these weeklong camps during the summer. There is a mandatory procedures training on Saturday June 8, 2013. Camps will run during the following dates: Technology Camp: June 24–28, July 15-19; Girls Technology Camp: July 8-12, July 22-26; Tech Camp 2.0: July 29-August 2.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In coordination with Senior Educator for STEM Student Experiences revamp and develop curriculum for Technology Camp, Girls Technology Camp and Tech Camp 2.0
• Work as a team with Summer Camp Counselor(s), teen interns, and summer camp volunteer(s) to implement a successful camp schedule and activities onsite during the summer
• Help children entering fourth through ninth grade to enjoy and learn about technology
• Monitor safety and behavior of children during indoor and outdoor activities
• Help campers complete fun, educational activities, and encourage campers to participate in activities
• Assist in camp drop-off and pick-up procedure by greeting parents and campers, checking-in and checking-out of campers and playing games with campers while they wait
• Assist in the set up and breakdown of all camp materials and activities
Education and Experience:
• BA completed (or in process) in education, computer science, or other related field. Teaching certification is preferred.
• Must have experience teaching 4th-9th grade children using Lego Mindstorm NXT Robotics Kits in a camp, after-school, or other setting.
• Must have experience developing curriculum and lessons
• Must be proficient with Lego NXT Robotics components, sensors, and software. Experience using and teaching with iMovie and Google Sketch-up is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
January 14, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out