The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has a dual role available in the Experience Design department and our Citizen Science Department. The Web Developer is responsible for the development of software tools and sites for Citizen Science Alliance/Zooniverse projects, the Adler website and other visitor experiences. This position reports directly to the Director of Citizen Science but will spend approximately 50% of development time on Experience Design driven projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Software Development for Citizen Science projects
• Software and Site development and support for Adler’s website and other visitor experience projects.
• Attending conferences and meetings with project partners
• Liaising with other departments
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Able to write standards-compliant well structured HTML/CSS
• Thorough understanding of Object Oriented programming and domain modeling
• Experience of the full life cycle of software development and software release strategies
• Ability to write comprehensive automated test suites
• Experience in building scalable web applications
• Experience with using Mac OS or Linux
• Knowledge of a modern computer language or web framework along with database technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
August 29, 2013
Do Not Fill This Out