Women's Board Coordinator
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) has a full time position available in the Advancement department for a Women’s Board and Major Gifts Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for providing critical support to the department’s individual and major gift fundraising efforts. This position reports directly to the Director of Major Gifts. In this role, the Coordinator will manage Women’s Board events, meetings, annual giving, sponsorship and dues, coordinates the Trustees’ Annual Fund and Development Committee and stewards the Friends of the Webster Institute auxiliary membership group. The Coordinator will work with the Women’s Board and museum colleagues to direct the Adler’s two significant fundraising events each year: Celestial Ball gala and Women in Space Science Award Celebration luncheon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Women’s Board’s Executive Committee and event committees, and provide ongoing operational assistance through daily mailings, emails, and phone calls.
• Facilitate Women’s Board meetings; send notifications and reminders, prepare agendas and materials, and arrange logistics and catering.
• Manage Women’s Board led events; coordinate the annual Women in Space Science Award Luncheon, support event chairs in all offsite luncheon logistics, collaborate with staff, manage all print collateral and sponsorship materials, coordinate PR efforts and maintain budget and accurate event records
• Support the Celestial Ball, Adler’s annual black tie gala by organizing and supporting committee meetings, manage auction and raffle logistics, act as liaison with vendors, graphic designers, printers, caterers, event designers and working with Trustees and Women’s Board members, coordinate all sponsorship proposals and donor acknowledgements
• Steward existing members and prepare renewals and acknowledgements, facilitate cultivation efforts through research and solicitations, coordinate agendas and materials for program committee meetings and assist in event planning and other benefit provisions.
• Work with Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Director of Major Gifts to prepare and facilitate renewals, acknowledgements and pledge reminders.
• Provide ongoing Major and Individual Giving ream support to achieve departmental unrestricted and restricted fundraising goals as needed, including assistance in the planning and execution of department events, appeals, and proposals.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-3 years of progressive experience in fundraising for a major cultural organization with demonstrated expertise working with boards and volunteers.
• Working knowledge in planning large and small special events, as well as meeting management.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills are essential for this role
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects and while managing volunteer’s schedules and needs
• Must have experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge software
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and tools with track record of achieving financial goals
• Customer Service experience
• Must be flexible and capable of managing multiple projects while working with a variety of constituents
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
May 30, 2014
Do Not Fill This Out